Looking back...

It's mid-July and a super-grey, tad rainy day here in England (woah, surprise!). And on this little rainy day inside, inbetween house-cleaning, laundry-doing, and dissertation-prepping, I've been having a little think back to the past few summers of my life, and all the nifty things I've been up to! I'm going to start back in 2007, LET'S GO!

In the summer of 2007, I headed back to D.C. (where I used to live) for the first time after moving back to England, to visit my most beloved bestie and co. after finishing exams and officially leaving school. I stayed with with my second family for about 7 weeks or so, had a little chillax and revisited my favourite sites. It's weird, you see so much more when you make the effort to do the touristy things that you just don't do when you live in a place! Here are some snappppppies:



From Top-Bottom: US Flag somewhere in the city centre, the Lincoln Memorial, wall art in Adams Morgan, and the bestie in Great Falls National Park, VA.

So next up...summer 2008...This was my first summer having a car! So a couple friends and I took a road trip to our favourite surf spot (Woolacombe, North Devon) and had a wee camping trip! It rained the entire week, but the surf was redonk amazing!! So we didn't really care. I also


From Top-Bottom: A couple little boardy-boards (my banana bic ha!), the BEAUUUTIFUL lines at Putsburough, us laughing despite the constant rain, the last evening, when the sun came out :D

Then came 2009...I had just finished my A-levels, and headed Down Under to Cairns and the surrounding area for 2 months to do some conservation work in the rainforest, and some diving before heading to uni in September...


From Top-Bottom: Zillie Falls, Mission Beach (I sky-dived from 15,000ft onto this beautiful sandy dreamland!), the view at 8am from a dive boat I was working on, and a turtle...just chillin as I swam past.

2010...The bestie came to visit me in England (her first time here!), then in September I headed to to visit a friend in Dubai, before travelling on to Cape Town, South Africa!










From Top-Bottom: The bestie and I on a little boat trip, some random camels on the way to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, the Burj Al Arab Hotel from Jumeirah Beach at night, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, Cape Town from a boat out to Robben Island, a great white shark from a cage dive, a sample of the beautiful plantlife in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, a massive sand dune in the West Coast National Park.

And now for 2011... I'm preparing for an intensive third year of university (ahh!!). By preparing I mean trying to relax, and think more about all the adventures yet to unfold, rather than the heavy workload!

Mega Love xx

2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures.
    I like the one with the turtle.
    Congrats on you and the boyfriend.

    windowshopz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you've been to so many cool places and done pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to do a bit of travelling myself when I finish Uni. Great post btw.

    Sam :)

    lilmissbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, loving :)?