MAC ME OVER

The MAC Me Over Collection hit my MAC counter yesterday, and after quite a bit of research online before the launch, I had in mind a couple of things that I was pretty keen on picking up. This is a collection of re-promotions and Artist faves; it is massive and there is a lot on offer for a plethora of tastes out there. A full review can be found here, in case you're interested:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-me-over-overall-recommendations

To start off, I love MAC's Fluidlines (gel eyeliners). I have re-purchased Blacktrack and use it at least 3 times a week for a winged liner look, and also have Dipdown, a dark brown that makes a nice day-time friendly version of the classic black. This collection saw the release of 4 Fluidlines, and I picked up Dark Diversion and Avenue.

Dark Diversion is an interesting reddened burgundy and looks great on those with green eyes. This is a repromote.


Avenue is a black-brown with gold shimmer shot through it. The shimmer isn't too noticeable when worn on the eye, but the colour is gorgeous, and an interesting, softer alternative to jet black.


The last product I picked up is an Eyeshadow from the permanent collection: Satin Taupe. It is MAC's best ever sold eyeshadow, and I can see why! It's funny, I have re-purchased an eyeshadow trio called Cappucino from No7 since I was about 16. It's got 3 neutral colours in it, one of which is very similar to Satin Taupe, except less pigmented, and more grey than brown, but I got to the point where I was repurchasing this trio JUST for this colour! I am so happy I picked this up, it is an absolute staple in my collection already, and flatters every skin and eye colour, so I highly recommend it!


  
Swatches:


Overall, I would say that this is a great collection! There were many more items I could have easily bought, but I had to draw the line somewhere for the sake of my poor bank account =(. Go have a look and let me know if you purchase anything!

Mega Love xx


1 comment:

  1. i really love the look of the dark diversion, its such a pretty colour.
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, loving :)?