A Fairytale Escape

This week I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the exquisite Jack Sparrow House in St. Keverne, Cornwall for a couple days. It was a getaway I had been looking forward to for a while, mostly because the reason behind the trip was to celebrate the boyfriend's birthday, but it really exceeded any expectations I had by a million times over. Located on the Northeastern part of the Lizard peninsula in Cornwall, this little house is a beautiful creation by the very talented Jonathan Melville-Smith of Outlandish Holidays.

With camping a regular venture and a hotel room not really the kind of place I was after for this adventure, I began looking into unique places to stay in. Jonathan's website came up on Google and I am so, so glad I had a quick peruse. I saw a few shots of the Jack Sparrow House and fell in love.

If you're after a quiet, cosy and romantic spot where you've got cooking and bathroom facilities, beautiful coastal views and an array of stunning beaches nearby - this is the place for you. It's a small cottage with a downstairs kitchenette and seating area, toilet and a ladder up to a cosy double bed. The best bot was the amazing shower in a converted horse box!

Exceptional love and care has been given to every detail in this home and you can feel the presence of so many happy people who have stayed there before you. A nice touch is the little 'memories' book on the table when you walk in. I really enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences there over the years. i left one of my own.

See my pictures below and I'm sure you'll understand what I mean. If you're looking to surprise a special someone or get away for a couple days of much needed R&R, I cannot recommend this place enough!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, loving :)?